Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Jerry's Surgery

Thursday Jerry had his sinus' drilled out- I know this sounds pleasant, doesn't it?  I never expected this to be such a rough recovery for him.  He had planned on keeping the kids by himself on Friday (that didn't happen- I took an extra vacation day!)  He was down ALL weekend.  He still isn't feeling well, but at least his nose is not swollen up like a balloon.  His upper lip was swollen to about 4 times it's normal size.  He wouldn't allow any pics to be taken or else I'd share.  The poor man had to wear stints up his nose for 4 days! 

So, the moral of this story is.........if you ever know someone who is going into have their sinus' drilled out.  Please treat them nicely.  Offer to help them out, because they will need it!  This is not a "minor" procedure as I referred to it (prior to Thursday)

The good news is, for the first time in 35 yrs he can breath out of his nose on the left side.  I am encouraged to know that all this pain he went through may be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment