Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Date night

So last Friday was supposed to be date night for Jerry and I.  We haven't been in out in way too long without kids and we have a gift card for Red Lobster from last Christmas we have yet to use.  So we had this planned for a month and our wonderful sitter Hannah was going to watch the kids.  Well lo and behold Peyton ended up with a burst ear drum on Friday so we were stuck at home.  I was bummed.  I mean really bummed.

Jerry suggested that I take the boys out on a date on Saturday night to go use our gift card.  And because I was really wanting some shrimp I thought this was a great idea.  I am sorry to say I didn't get any pics, but we did have a great time. 

We got in the car and Hayden jumps over the seat and opens my door from the inside and says "Dad told me I was supposed to open the door for you!"  Gotta love it! Then we get to the restaurant and were waiting to be seated.  The hostess called "Wood party of 7"  Jackson looks and me in all seriousness and says "Is their last name 'Party of 7' or just 'Party'?"  I was laughing so hard (as were the couples sitting near us) I think he thought it would be pretty cool to have a last name like Party!

We had a great dinner and the boys behaved themselves very well.  As we were leaving Hayden says "Man we were there a long time"  I said " well that's what you do when you are on a date."  He replied, "Yeah it's a lot different than eating at McDonalds!"  Following dinner, we went to Toys R Us to look around for Christmas ideas. 

I had a great time out with my two favorite little men.  I hope to continue to have date nights with my sons as they get older.  What better way to teach them how to treat a girl on a date than to teach them yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment