Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bedtime















Bedtime with this little miss is so predictible and makes me smile.  It is unlike any bedtime routine I have had with the boys.  It all started when we moved her to a toddler bed.  She goes and climbs in bed and we read one book.  I then pray with her.  I say "Now I Lay me Down to Sleep" prayer.  She folds her hands and puts them in front of her face with her eyes halfway open and she says the prayer along with me.  The cutest part is though you can't understand a word she is saying!  But it is all about her tone of voice, she does it just like I do!  Then she wants me to lean in real close to her and she first "beeps" my nose and then laughs! (sometimes several times!) Then she grabs me face in her hands and turns my head from side to side.  I have no idea where this came from but she does it every night!  Then we give each other bear hugs and she giggles some more.  And finally we finish with blowing kisses.  As I walk out the door, she stalls......she says "Mom" and I say "what" to which she replies in a long babbling sentence something I have no idea what she is saying.  I acknowledge and she laughs.  She then repeats my name and does this over and over, until I finally just shut the door!

I have come to realize that some of the most important things in life are the little things.  This is one of those little things that I want to remember.  I am trying hard to enjoy these little things more because all too soon they will pass.  So for now, I will enjoy my time with my "Kate time" everynight at bedtime. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! Thanks for reminding me to treasure the little things - sometimes they change overnight. I love that you have recorded this and that you will be able to retell it to Kate even after she's moved on to a new routine.

    ReplyDelete