Sunday, June 12, 2011

Not as planned

Today did not go as planned.  I am such a planner that it can really throw me off when things don't go as planned.  My day started at 4:30am when Jerry woke me up asking me to take him to the ER due horrible back pain.  He had been fighting it the night before and when he woke up he couldn't move.  I knew it was bad when he was asking to go.  So, I had the joyous task of waking up 4 kids and getting them into the vehicle.  We took him to the ER and sat in the parking lot watching a movie for 1 1/2 hrs.  He finally told me to go home it was going to be a while.  They finally let him go about 10:00am with no real diagnosis and not even that good of drugs!  To make matters worse, I had a picture appointment to get the kids picture taken for the first time since Peyton was born.  I have been nervous to do this but had a great coupon from Picture people that expired this week.  I had gotten the first appointment of their day at noon.  I debated taking them and decided I had to go.  So, I got everyone dressed and hair done and we headed out to the mall. 

Our photographer was great and actually managed to get a picture of all four of them looking at the camera.  I have realized that with each kid you add to the picture you need to lower your expectations.  I used to have high expectations for professional pictures.  I have since realized that when you are photographing four kids, smiles are not necessary just facing the camera is good!  As with any photography session (at least in our house) there was bribery involved.  So following pictures, we went downstairs to the play area at the mall.  The kids had a blast playing on all the over priced rides that this momma won't put any money into!  (Seriously- 75 cents for a ride!)

Kate was confused as to why the kid next to her could get their ride to move but she had pushed every button and looked all over and her's wouldn't move!








































Our day ended with the boys attending Summerfest (our church's version of VBS) until 9:00 tonight.  They came home exhausted after the day they had.  I survived the day and that's all that matters.  Bonus- I got a picture of my 4 cute kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment