Thursday, September 8, 2011

10 years



















I can't believe it has been 10 years since you left this earth Mom.  Somedays it seems like just yesterday I was picking up the phone to call you.  Other days, it seems like forever since I have talked to you.  It's still hard after 10 years.

You taught me so much about what it means to be a mom.  Now I finally understand why you always sacrificed to give us girls all that you could.  Now I understand why you always needed to know where we were and when we would be home and why you still worried.  Mom, you taught me that no matter what God will give us the strength to survive anything.  You were so strong as you fought your battle with cancer.  You were the one who was always telling us it would be ok, that this was all part of God's plan. Your faith touched many lives.  I still don't understand.  I never will know why God chose to take you from us so early.  I miss you so much Mom.  I know you are watching us and looking over us each and everyday.  There are times I can feel you there.  I am often reminded of my special angel watching over me and Jerry and the kids.

I feel blessed to have shared 23 years with you.  I only wish it could have so much more. I only wish you could have rocked these 10 grandbabies of yours.   I know someday I will see you again.  I can't wait for that day.  I can't wait to see you in your new healthy body.  I imagine you in your big mansion in the sky rocking babies liked you loved to do.  Until that day, I will hold your memories close to my heart.  I will share all about to your grandkids.  I love you so much, Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment